Hello, this is a pretentious-free zone, I like things, I like to talk, fangirl and ramble about the things I like and complain about the things I hate. I'm supposed to be a fully functioning grown up by now, but that's a work in progress.
Olly Moss Reimagines Original Star Wars Trilogy for Mondo. Read Sasha Stone's article on the state of the Oscar's race so far. Superimposed covers of Vogue magazine reveal how formulaic most of the editions are. Check out Monique Lhuillier's wonderful pre-fall 2011 collection . "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" has finally been repelled . 13 killer films that take place in just one room. Watch the jibjab 2010 year in review. The rahm emanuel puppet is the best. Pitchfork releases its Top 50 albums of the year. SAG award nominations were announced
The album begins softly and sweetly with "Futile Devices", it's strongly familiar and reminiscent of Sufjan's usual sound, but it all turns hard the moment "Too Much" starts. At first I thought this was going to be one of those slightly experimental Sufjan songs that are almost unlistenable yet still amazing, but it turns out this song has quite a catchy chorus, and it's catchy in a weird way that leads nicely to "Age of Adz". This song is crazy, absolutely crazy and strangely cinematic, not my favorite, but it's certainly a statement about Sufjan's new sound and evolution as a singer. I guess I should miss his old style more but I honestly can't because this new era is just as interesting as the one that was marked by Illinoise.
Beautiful art by Ken Wong Check out Paste Magazine's review of Sufjan's Age of Adz Sufjan talks about his new album and his change of style There's a Zoolander sequel in the works Watch this wonderful video by Maurissa Tancharoen & Jed Whedon with amazing Dollhouse themes Fox has picked up six episodes of an animated series based on Napoleon Dynamite The 5 most mind-blowing coincidences of all time Vanity Fair takes a look inside J. W. Rinzler’s coffee-table book The Making of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back This is ridiculously amazing: Footage of Improv Everywhere’s latest MP3 Experiment
Comments
Post a Comment